(long post, but i’m excited to share this!) so i’ve been busy the last two days building my new mk monome kit. i’d never soldered anything before, but now i feel pretty confident in my abilities. it started with 2 green logic boards and tons of little resistors and parts and soon transformed into the photo above. (here’s what it looked like before)
then i soldered 64 tiny tiny diodes onto the keypad board. that was not exactly a good time. neither was soldering 64 LEDs onto the board right after that.
early this morning I finished the hardware assembly. here’s where i am now:
button pads over the LEDs with the driver attached to the back and a ribbon cable going to the logic board. best part: it works! i’m still fighting with software issues and getting it to talk to my computer, but it gets power and the LEDs light up, so it’s a victory in my book. can’t wait to put it in a homemade enclosure (LEGOS!) and start making music with it.